Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Rice-Ebner Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas...

and all around the Rice...

the members were sipping their shots nice

The bottles were tipped with such flare

in hopes that St. Nick would soon be there.

When out on the back porch I heard such a clatter....

I buzzed the door to see what was the matter.

What to my red wondering eyes should appear...

but another member without his card, carrying some gear!

He had a big belly and as he signed in he looked for a pen...

and he looked like he might be smart enough to count from one to ten.

He said "Bartender can you buy them all a round"?

"For its not often that I get into this town"

As I gazed through my bleary eyes and wondered why we host.

He said "its Ok Commander, I'm a member of a northern Post"

The man had a stick of candy cane he used to play pool

On the table he was jolly but certainly no one's fool

With a round of good cheer and frowns completely hexed

you don't have to be sober to know what came next...

As I looked at the jolly old man as he stood in the light

He yelled "Drink and be merry and to all a good night."

No comments: